First Church is committed to continued Christian growth and seeks to provide varied opportunities for education and fellowship. Please contact Pastor Tish Bowman at 451.2879 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. Click here to register for adult opportunities Online.
Adult Education Opportunities We believe that adult church school is a place to learn about our faith and how it affects our lives. We also believe that we can learn from each other. A wide variety of topics are covered. The classes provide information to stimulate thinking, discussion and new ideas while getting to know the people in the class.
Beginning in January, we will offer class times to discuss this important book along with the issues of division that are threatening the church today. We invite and encourage everyone to prayerfully consider joining in on this important conversation. Sign up online at www.grandrapidsfumc.org/sign-up-sheet.
- Wednesdays, January 7, 14, 28 and February 4 at 10:00 - 11:00 am at Clark in the Games Room, led by Rev. Dr. Bob Hundley.
- Wednesdays, January 7, 14, 28 and February 4 at 6:00 - 7:30 pm, led by Rev. Dr. Bob Hundley.
- Sundays, January 11 – February 1 from 5:00 – 6:30 pm, led by Rev. Tish Bowman.
- Sundays, January 11 - February 1 from 9:30-10:30 am, led by Rev. Dick Youells and Mr. George Bob.
//Segment 2 runs Sundays, January 11 – February 15 from 5:00 - 6:30 pm with Pigeon Hundley. //For those who participated in segment 1, join us for the next six-week segment! the Bible and engage in a weekly discussion group.
- Book Club — Meets second Wednesday of the month at 6:00 pm in area restaurants to discuss current books. Contact Marlys Davis, 735.3339.
- Fixin' 'n' Fellowship — Meets year round every other Thursday morning at 9:00 am in room 105. We start the day with fellowship over coffee and baked goods, and then tackle minor repairs needed throughout the church buildings.
- Moms’ Group — This is a wonderful opportunity for moms of young children to meet and support each other. Kids and dads are welcome too! Click here to see when our next event is.
Join our many activities and ministry programs planned especially for adults who are 60 or more years of age!
- 60's + Luncheon — A catered lunch and short program. Meets the third Monday of the month at noon in Wesley Hall. Does not meet Januray, February, July, and August.
- Retiree Bible Study — Meets at 11:00 am on Monday mornings at First Place. Using the daily and weekly devotions from Christian Linving in the Mature Years, this group offers lively discussion and wonderful fellowship. New members are always welcome.